Parallax connects with your Salesforce pipeline and synchronizes your opportunities with the Parallax application so you have more insight into your resource needs during the sales cycle.
The Parallax app also provides custom page components so you can view information from Parallax right alongside your Salesforce opportunities.
- View your Parallax project information from within your Salesforce Opportunities
- Send real-time updates from Salesforce to your Parallax account so your plans are always up-to-date
- Include valuable information with your opportunities to improve project insight
Installation of Managed Package
Step 1: Package Installation
1. Authenticate HTTP Callouts
- Navigate to Setup > Security > Named Credentials
- Select the Parallax API named credential
- Click "Edit"
- Enter the custom Parallax Password for the environment
- Note: Password provided by Parallax - Please ask your CSM for assistance
- Click "Save"
2. Integration with Parallax
To complete the integration process please follow the steps provided.
- Click on "Settings" in your left-hand navigation bar, then "Integrations"
- Click "Connect to Salesforce"
- Log into your Salesforce Account
- Connected! Once logged in, you will be redirected back to the Parallax Integration page
- Select your pipeline
Project = Salesforce: Opportunity
People = Salesforce: Users
Clients = Salesforce: Accounts
6. After selecting your Pipeline, click "Sync." By syncing this Pipeline, your Parallax instance will pull in the information around your Project, People, and Clients.
7. Once synced, you will be prompted to select your Salesforce stages
Note: Before picking your stages talk with your sales team to decide at what percentage you should start working on a project. Don’t worry if you’re overwhelmed with the options you have integrated, you can also go into Settings to define the deals you would like to have in the Pipeline.
8. Pick your stage and click "Sync Salesforce stages"
3. Add Permission Set
- Navigate to Setup > Users > Permission Sets
- Select "Parallax Opportunity Fields"
- Click "Manage Assignments"
- Click "Add Assignments"
- Select the users that should be able to read/write to the custom fields. This should, at a minimum, include the user that will be used to authenticate with Parallax.
- Click Assign
4. Add Custom Fields to Layout
- Navigate to Setup > Objects and Fields > Object Manager
- Click "Opportunity"
- Click "Page Layouts"
- Select "Opportunity Layout"
- Click and drag the "Target Start Date" and "Service Offerings" custom fields to the desired location in the layout
- Click "Save"
5. Add Lightning Component to Opportunity
- Navigate to Setup > User Interface > Lightning App Builder
- Click "New," or select edit on existing Opportunity Lightning Record Package
- If creating a new page, select "Record Page," enter a name in the Label field and set Object to Opportunity, then pick the Header, Sub-header, and Right Sidebar layout
- Drag Highlights into the header
- Drag Path into the sub-header
- Drag Activities into the left area
- Drag the Parallax Project Details components from the Custom-Managed section to the right sidebar
- Click "Save"
- If this is a new page or has not been activated, click "Activate" to activate the page for users of the organization. Follow the steps in the wizard to activate for the correct users.
6. Editing an existing Lighting Opportunity Record