See it all the time, but not totally sure what it means?
Actuals are hours logged in the timesheet provider and imported into Parallax.
- Actuals can only be added/edited/deleted from the timesheet provider
- Actuals can exist before project start
Actuals will be found in the Active Projects, Insights, and Project details just to name a few locations.
Allocations are created in Parallax and represent the duration and burn of the plan for that offering role.
- May be added/edited at any time in the project lifecycle.
- Cannot be added before project start
Allocations will be found in the Sales Pipeline, Service Offering, Project details, and insights just to name few locations.
Projected hours are calculated by summing the Actual hours worked to date and the remaining Planned allocations
- If you’re 2 weeks into a 3-week, 120-hour project, and of your 80 potential actual hours, you’ve only worked 70, you have 110 projected hours.