The Settings > People Page is where you'll go to add people and edit their profiles - including settings for their Role, Role Type, Cost Rate, and more! Check out below for more info.
|A brief summary of the filter options for the People page.
|We'll cover how to Add a New Person
|Info here on our Download/Upload CSV option for making changes to multiple
|Instructions on how to Archive a Person or send a Person to the Timesheet.
|An overview of an Existing Person - what fields you'll find, what they mean, and how to Edit them
Note: The People page governs only the Settings > People profile used for allocating, tracking actuals, etc. To manage user logins for logging into Parallax, go to Settings > Users. Find out more here.
By default, the People page is filtered by Active People of All Types, but if you're not seeing a particular Person or are looking for one you know has been Archived, you can filter by Status. Filtering by Person type is a great way to narrow down both the Type of Worker (FTE, Contractor, Placeholder) or Billing Type (Billable, Non-Billable) to track down or compare People.
Adding New People
Clicking the Green "Add Person" button will trigger a module for specifying the Person's info (like Name, Email, and Start Date) and give you the opportunity to push them directly into your Timesheets.
*Parallax Tip - Time Sheets:
If there is an existing People record for an email address, Parallax will consider the Time Sheet profile to be the source of truth. This means any changes to existing People records are best made within Timesheets and pulled into Parallax on your next Timesheet sync.
Download CSV/Upload CSV
Our new Download CSV and Upload CSV options on the People Page provide a way to make mass changes to your People all at once. The process is simple:
- Use the 'Download CSV' option to download a CSV file containing a current copy of your People
- Edit the Name, Email Address, Type, etc. of the Person in that CSV and save the file
- Use the 'Upload CSV' option to save those changes
There are some important things to keep in mind when using the Download/Upload CSV options:
- Effective Rate currently only affects Cost Rate Changes - the Date you select will not apply to other Changes
- CSV Uploads are updates to existing People/Roles - you cannot add or delete People/Roles using a CSV upload (this applies to Tags, too)
- You can only make one change per field, per Upload - there should never be duplicate IDs in a single upload
- CSV Uploads cannot be undone - so be careful!
If you want to make multiple Cost Rate changes with different Effective dates to a Person or Rate, you'll want to Upload then make the Cost Rate/Effective Date change and Upload a second time. Effective Dates don't have to be entered in order, because Parallax will always put Effective Dates in chronological order (not the order they are entered).
For a great breakdown of this feature, you can also check out our What's New article here.
Archiving/Send to Timesheet
If you don't select the option to add a Person to your Timesheets when creating them, you can always select the option later using the three dot menu on the right side - you can also Archive a Person there, too.
Editing Existing People
Once created, a Person can be edited by clicking anywhere on their info. In addition to you updating the info you already provided, there are a few more options. The following fields can be edited:
- Name, Email Address, Title - Update the Person's name/contact email and job title
- Primary Role, Employment, Billing Type, and Start/End Dates - Here you can set the Primary Role you expect the Person to fill, along with the Type of Person (FTE, Contractor, Placeholder), Billing Type (Billable, Non-Billable), and you can set a Start/End Date.
- Cost Rate and Log- Your Cost Rate is typically determined by the Person's Primary Role, but you can select the option to override with a custom cost rate to enter a Cost Rate unique to the Person. When you set a Custom Cost Rate for a Person, you'll be asked to set an Effective Date for the Cost Rate - check out our What's New article here to find out how Effective Dates work.
- Billable Capacity and Target Utilization - Billable Capacity (the maximum percent of total hours which can be billable) and Target Utilization (the percent of total hours, which you want the Person to reach) are normally set by Role, however, you can override these to set them custom for a Person.
- Base & Schedule - To override the Company Schedule that is set on your Customization Settings page, select this option and set a personalized Custom Schedule.
- Holidays - Toggle this option on or off to include a Person in the Company Holidays you set on the Time-Off Settings page.
- Status - Edit the status of a Person here to Archive or Un-Archive them.
- Service Match - Check the boxes here to allow Parallax to include any changes you make to the People record in either your CRM or Timesheet.
Note: If there is any conflict between these sources, whichever Integration was most recently synced will be considered the source of truth (typically Timesheets, since they sync Hourly).
- Tags - Tags can be added or removed to help group a Person
*Parallax Tip: End Date means Archive
People are automatically archived on their end-date - you can always un-archive them later, but make sure to only add an End Date if you know this in advance.
*Parallax Tip: What's a Placeholder?
Placeholders are temporary People that can be used to Allocate hours for a Role you know you're going to need to fill later. They can be converted into Full-Time Employees once you make the hire, allowing you to seamlessly slip them into Projects! Find out more in our article on Placeholders.