The People page is an integrated and interactive table of People that contains each Person's Project Role, Department, assignments, capacity, planned utilization and actual utilization.
|What you will see in the People page||We'll cover everything you'll see on the People page and what it's for.|
|Column Filters||Here we'll talk about the different filters you can add or remove from the page to help drill down on what matters to you!|
|The Variance column works a little different from the other filters - we'll break down how it works here.|
|Assignments View by People||
What happens when you click on a Person from the People page? Check out this section to find out.
|What you can do in the People page||
This section is a quick overview of what you'll do on the People page.
What you will see in the People page
- People Alerts - This is where you'll see specific Alerts about People that you can click on to filter.
- Column Filters - These are additional Filters you can apply to decide which People are and are not visible.
- People Search Bar, Period filter, Columns - Need to find a specific Person or time period? Apply them here. Also, this is where you'll manage which columns you do/don't want to see.
- Sort by header - Click on a specific Column (such as Primary Role) to sort alphabetically
- People detail - Click on an Person to jump to the Assignments View for more detail!
As you can see there are a lot of different information that can get from the People page - we understand not all of it will be important to you. Rather than dilute what you can learn, we thought it was easier to let you customize what columns you do and don't want to see. Here's a list of the filter options you can turn on and off:
- Primary Role - This is the Role the Person is assigned under Settings > People.
- Tags - This is the number of Tags that is added to the Person - hover over it to see which Tags!
- Assignments - This is number of Offerings the Person is assigned to.
- Department - The Department the Person is assigned to.
- Billable Capacity - This is the % of an Person's assigned Schedule (either by Role from Settings > Roles or by Person from Settings > People) that can be billable.
- Target Utilization - This is the intended Utilization Target that's your goal over time (also set and managed by Role from Settings > Roles or by Person from Settings > People)
- Planned Billable Utilization - For Billable Hours only, this will tell you the Utilization the Person has Planned for the time period you've selected.
- Actual Billable Utilization - For Billable Hours only, this will tell you the Utilization the Person actually Achieved based on Timesheets.
- Planned Total Utilization - For All Hours (Billable and Non-Billable), this will tell you the Utilization the Person has Planned for the time period you've selected.
- Actual Total Utilization - For All Hours (Billable and Non-Billable), this will tell you the Utilization the Person has Planned for the time period you've selected.
- Variance - Variance is customizable with three different options - but essentially, it will tell you the difference between two other columns on the page (such as Billable Planned and Actual Utilization). Read on to find out what these 3 options are and how they work.
In addition to selecting which Columns you do and do not want to see the Column Filters* also allow you to choose between 3 separate different forms of Variance.
- Planned Billable Utilization vs. Actual Billable Utilization - This gives you the variance between Plans vs. Actual Hours for Billable Utilization (just Billable hours).
- Planned Total Utilization vs. Actual Total Utilization - Use this option to see the variance between Plans vs. Actual Utilization - but just for Total Utilization (Billable and Non-Billable hours).
- Target Utilization vs. Planned Billable Utilization - Here you'll find the difference between your Target Utilization (set on the Settings > Role or Settings > People page) and what you currently have Planned for the Person.
Parallax Tip - Can I set a Variance that uses Data from Columns that I'm filtering out?
Absolutely! The Variance option you select is not dependent on which Columns you are filtering by. As an example, it's entirely possible to select the Planned Total Utilization vs. Actual Total Utilization form of Variance, while hiding the columns for both the Planned Total Utilization column and the Actual Total Utilization column.
If the math for Variance isn't making sense, the best thing to do is double-check which Columns you're hiding to make sure you're including the ones selected for Variance.
Assignments View by People
Clicking on a Person's name on the People page will automatically direct you to the Assignments View and filter by that Person. For more information, check out our article on the Assignments View by People.
What you can do in the People page
The People listing page is home to impactful filters such as
- No Work
- Low Allocation
- Possible Burnout
- Low Utilization
Each filter will show you the desired information so you can make strategic and informed decisions. Using the filters isn't the only way to prioritize the information. Another helpful capability is being able to sort your information based on your headers.
Example: To sort to find People with the highest Actual Utilization
- See People Table
- Click on the Actual Utilization Header until the Arrow is pointing down to represent Descending order
- View the individuals with the highest Utilization
Note: In this example, some of this information can also be called out by the Possible Burnout rate if there is an overlap between the utilization percentage
A user can also use the Search Bar to lookup more than one term. Within the Search Bar, you can use "or" to look up multiple People and/or roles. You can use "or" multiple times to search for a few things at a time. An example of when this can be super helpful is if you're resourcing and there are a few project roles that could be fit for a role.
For more information on the People Detail Page, please see the Assignments View by People Article.